Occasionally, for many varied reasons, international students will request leave from their course. This leave must be approved by Astute Training and must comply with the regulations for approved CRICOS providers. A copy of a request for approved leave is provided below.
Approved leave is for term break unless the circumstances are compassionate or compelling (please read below for what defines these circumstances).
Open the interactive leave application form in a new window. Complete the form and save it to your computer. Email the form to [email protected] as an attachment to your email.
The steps to apply for approved leave are as follows:
1) You must complete the approved leave application form:
2) Make an appointment to see our Student Services Manager, Kiah
3) Forward your flight itinerary once approved (important: do not book flights until your leave is approved)
If you require urgent leave under compassionate or compelling circumstances contact Kiah our Student Service Manager.
Please advise reception if it's urgent.
Compassionate or Compelling Circumstances
Compassionate or compelling circumstances are generally those beyond the control of the student and they have an impact on the student’s capability and/or ability to progress through a course. These could include
- Serious illness or injury, where a medical certificate states that the student was unable to attend class
- Bereavement of close family members such as parents siblings, or grandparents
- Major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country requiring their emergency travel and this has impacted their studies
- A traumatic experience which could include but is not limited to: Involvement in or witnessing a serious incident, A serious crime was committed against the student, The student has been witness to a serious crime.
These cases may be supported by police, qualified counsellor or psychologists’ reports and copies of these documents should be kept in the student's file. The CEO may consult the student’s trainer or Student Support when considering compassionate or compelling circumstances.
If an international student requires a refund of course fees they should firstly review the refund policy in the International Student Handbook and then complete the refund application form, provided here or available from Astute Training Pty Ltd.
Complete and sign the form then save it to your computer. Email the form to [email protected] as an attachment to your email.
Are You Looking for a Caring and Supportive Educational Environment?
Contact Astute Training Today!
At Astute Training, we place the needs of our students first. That is why we have worked hard to find the best instructors in the field, offer challenging, real-world courses, and provide plenty of career guidance to our students. If you would like to learn more about how an education from Astute Training can help you jumpstart your career, then contact us today! We look forward to hearing from you!